Liquid- Solid Filtration & Separation Process
The filter press is a solid liquid separation device using the principle of pressure feeding. It is highly efficient, compact, dewatering device for separating solids from liquid slurries in the form of compressed cake. It has wide range of applications by several industries like Pharma, bulk drugs, distilleries, beverages & other industries.
The unfiltered liquid is fed into the filter under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downwards direction and finds its way through opening on sides of the Filter Plates. As the liquid pressure increases, the Filter media holds the foreign particles and allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet. Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until the filtrate rate becomes too slow owing to cake resistance.
Salient Features :
- Design is cGMP with all contact parts AISI 316L
- Complete filtration of the batch without any hold up due to reverse flow of liquid.
- The cake, filtered & solids remain totally enclosed allowing filtration of toxic, hazardous & explosive liquids.
- No contamination of internal surface of shell.
- The top dome structure ensures fast & easy removal of cartridge assembly & cleaning of cake.
- Skid type unit with castor wheel.